Over the past several years, it has become evident that Denver is becoming a bit of a “maker” city. In other words, there are countless studios and shops popping up where makers and creatives are doing interesting things – think: craftsman and distillers and tie companies, to name a few.
Perhaps one of the best examples right now is Valentich Bags. And so this week, we are featuring our second installment of the BE Colorado Style campaign, and taking a close look at what Ryan Valentich (yes, another Ryan!) is doing in his studio.
If you’re familiar with our Colorado Style campaign, you’ll know that we gave Ryan the opportunity to design a dress shirt.
I sat down with Ryan earlier in the year to get an idea for how his business began and the thinking behind his BE shirt.
1. [BE] How did Valentich Bags get started? And what prompted you to move out to Colorado?
2. How would you describe the style of your work?
3. What has been your favorite creation to date?
4. Can you describe your thinking behind the BE shirt that you created?
5. What’s the future of Valentich Bags look like? New products?
Valentich Bags is making some amazing products – from bags to chef knife rolls to aprons – and all hand made right here in the Denver area. Check out their online store below to see what they are currently offering.
Contact Ryan here: email@example.com